Picture it. All the presents have been opened, and the family are sitting together around the dining table wearing badly fitting paper crowns, and reading the lame jokes from the cracker. The delicious food is half=eaten, and you are wondering if it is at possible to fit in dessert later after your full plate, and second cocktail. The music over the speakers compliment the atmosphere and you catch yourself humming along to an 80’s Christmas classic.
This Christmas day my family will be raiding our playlists and booming tracks through the wireless Sonos PLAY:1 speaker. This black cylinder tower may look unassuming, but it uses two state-of the-art digital amplifiers individually coupled with two speakers to deliver amazing sound to any room. Control the playlist from the Sonos app, ideal to be able to have different music in different rooms, and choose to sync to radio or your own personal playlist. I could easily just play my Motown albums back to back, but it is good to change it up. This Xmas list (x-list get it?) I have compiled is a mix of pop sassy tunes, and classic christmassy melodies (Queen Mariah) to have beat through the Sonos play 1 during dinner.
- Fleur East-Sax
- Mariah Carey-All I want for Christmas
- Naughty Boy ft. Beyonce-Runnin’
- Little Mix-Love me like you
- Grace-You don’t own me
- Wham-Last Christmas
- Justin Bieber-Where are you now?
- Ellie Goulding- On my mind
- Carly Rae Jepson-I really like you
- Katy Perry-Firework
- Kelly Clarkson-White Christmas
- Marvin Gaye & Tammy Terrell-Aint no mountain
- Michael Buble-Santa Claus is coming to town
- Jess Glynne-Hold my hand
- Eartha Kitt- Santa Baby
- East 17- Stay another day
- Cheryl Cole- Under the sun
- Rita Ora- I will never let you down
- Sam Smith-Stay with me
- The weeknd- I can’t feel my face
- Taylor Swift- Out of Style
What songs would you add to the playlist?