This is my first official recipe for the Lavazza coffee set match challenge I present to you Coffee cake with chocolate swirls, when i cook everything is pretty rough, and I just take, and exchange things from conventional recipes so i encourage you to do the same add some walnuts, top with more chocolate, hell even swap the chocolate to suit your own sweet tooth how about maple? or even jam? but for accuracy here are a few instructions for you
- 180g/6oz butter
- 180g/6oz brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100g Plain chocolate (or whatever chocolate you fancy how about with nuts for extra bite)
- 180g/6oz self-raising flour
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules, dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water ( I used 1 Lavazza coffee pod)
1.Preheat the oven to 180C/365F/Gas 4. Grease the cake tin (Iuse butter or oil whichever is to hand)
2.Whisk together the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until smooth and well combined. Fold in the flour, and the instant coffee mixture.
3. Melt the plain chocolate in a glass bowl over a pot of bowling water, once fully melted allow to cool
4. Pour the cake mixture into the cake tin, then get the melted chocolate and put random splodges on the mixture, then use a fork to gently create the swirl don’t mix too much otherwise it would just turn into chocolate cake
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden-brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean, then leave to cool.
6. once cooled I had a little fun with the heart cookie cutters, now should be great to eat on its own with cream or custard, Enjoy.
Keep an eye for my next few recipes trust me they’ll pack a punch, do you have any coffee recipes that I could try?